110

Is USAImmigrationSupport.com a Scam?

Posted by Rena Sternfeld on February 15, 2011 in It makes me MAD |

UPDATE:

After reading many similar stories, I checked with the Illinois Attorney General’s office and the Better Business Bureau:

There are at least 70 complaints about their services, ranging from not paying for work done for them to – and this is more serious – defrauding people who tried to use their services by taking the money and doing nothing.

The address they have given turns out to be a condo building where no one seems to know who they are.

Still, the guy is on my Skype address, active.

How slow the winds of justice turn!

Dealing with legal matters over the internet is a risky proposition. You’d expect those websites to give you accurate information and abide by the law, wouldn’t you? Not so with UsAImmigrationsupport.com.

I’ve been writing articles for websites for a few years now. The pay I get for articles is not very high. It’s hard work but I love writing. So when a representative of usaimmigrationsupport.com asked me to help them revamp their site and help them spread the word, I happily obliged.
The communication was done via Skype, and they seemed very happy with the results and pressed me to do more and more in a short time. Broker401 is their code name.

[9/3/2010 6:25:58 AM] broker401: Hello Rena, are you available to talk today?
[9/3/2010 7:51:14 AM] rena Sternfeld: Good morning. I’m here
[9/3/2010 8:11:22 AM] broker401: Hello Renata. So Ive decided to take on your services for article writing.
[9/3/2010 8:11:31 AM] broker401: Do you accept paypal echeck payments?
[9/3/2010 8:11:52 AM] rena Sternfeld: yes I do
[9/3/2010 8:21:31 AM] broker401: Great.
[9/3/2010 8:21:51 AM] broker401: So we would need articles related to specific keywords to help improve and maintain these ranking.

I started writing for them and they seemed very happy and asked for more. They would transfer the payment to my PayPal.

[9/6/2010 11:42:48 AM] broker401: Hello Rena, I submitted your payment via instant transfer. I apologize for the delay.
[9/6/2010 11:43:00 AM] broker401: Have you been able to begin any additional articles yet?
[9/6/2010 11:43:22 AM] rena Sternfeld: Hello
[9/6/2010 11:43:24 AM] rena Sternfeld: Not yet
[9/6/2010 11:43:31 AM] rena Sternfeld: anything you would like to change?
[9/6/2010 11:45:02 AM] broker401: No not at all. I can expect at least 2 articles by tomorrow?
[9/6/2010 11:45:36 AM] rena Sternfeld: Yes indeed.
[9/6/2010 11:46:13 AM] broker401: Ok great. Let me know when they are ready and hopefully as time goes on, you will be able to deliver more than 2 articles a day
[9/6/2010 11:47:05 AM] rena Sternfeld: how many would you like to have per week?
[9/6/2010 11:47:58 AM] broker401: 15-20
[9/6/2010 11:48:20 AM] broker401: And I would pay on a weekly basis. Since you accept instant transfer, the process is much easier.

And so it went.

A month later, all their deposits into my PayPal account bounced. The amount is not high enough for a lawyer to take a look, but high enough to make a dent in my economics.

All my attempts to contact them were rebuffed. E mails were not answered, the Skype account was blocked. When I called the company and they found out who I was, they went to “look into it” and finally disconnected.

So, I am asking you – would you do any legal business with a website like usaimmigrationsupport.com? Can you trust them with legal matters as important as immigration? Can it be that usaimmigrationsupport.com is nothing but a get rich quick scam, run by dishonest people?

Tags: , ,